Our Process - The NOSTCO PLAN
The NOSTCO PLAN is where the journey begins towards a successful project. Our customized approach is tailored to protect your interests at every stage. Every project begins with a comprehensive plan that is then seen through for the duration of the project’s life cycle. Through the NOSTCO PLAN, you will learn:
- Why a "Free estimate" is little more than a marketing gimmick to get the contractor in your home in order to "sell."
- Why most estimates are initially 20% less than the actual cost of the construction at the front end and overrun by as much as 50% on the back end.
- The most common mistakes home owners make when hiring a contractor.
- Why projects go over schedules.
- The benefits of preparation and planning vs. guesswork and assumptions.
- How to get the most done with the budget you have set aside.
- How to save up to tens of thousands of dollars on your project.
- Much more.
"Understand your project BEFORE you build."
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THE NOSTCO PLAN IS RIGHT FOR YOU
- Is keeping the project budget under control a key concern for you?
- Did you know that the quotes you have thus far received, or will receive can range by as much as 50%?
- Do you wonder whether you should first retain an Architect or Contractor?
- Are you uneasy about moving forward with your project because you feel that nobody fully understands your needs?
- Does an organized, formatted approach to pre-planning and renovating your home appeal to you because that is the way that you generally do things in other areas of your life?
- Do you wish you had an honest expert on your side to help guide you through the process?
- Are you not in the least interested in playing mind games with Designers / Engineers and Contractors?
- Do you value the option of being involved and informed at every stage of the project?
- Do you want the flexibility to make as many changes as you deem necessary at any point throughout the project?
If you answered "Yes" to any on of the aforementioned questions, then the NOSTCO PLAN is 100% the proper next step in your search.
* The NOSTCO PLAN requires a deposit that is later refunded back towards your project at time of contracting. Ultimately, this service is free. Conditions apply. It is our way of ensuring that you are fully informed of what you are investing in before you make any substantial commitments. We are always working ON YOUR SIDE. Please read our FAQ Section for further details. *
- We will visit your home for the initial meeting and assessment. Please ensure that all decision makers are present.
- We will take measurements and pictures of the appropriate space in your home.
- We will discuss your vision for the project and take notes.
- Back at the office we will design the space based on your vision/direction using 3D modelling software. If you already have drawings, we will work with what you already have.
- We will build a preliminary, transparent budget. This is a line item breakdown of labour, material and sub-contractor pricing. A transparent budget can show you where your money is best allocated.
- We will develop a comprehensive, written scope of work based on the information gathered thus far.
- At this point, we will again meet with you at your residence to present the pre-construction package. Most likely, you will want to make changes to the design, scope of work and budget. We will discuss all of these items with you and ensure that the planning is moving in the right direction. You are free to make as many changes as you feel are required and we will accommodate every single one of them.
- Throughout the entire process, we will survey the project and provide you with insight and feedback on a wide range of topics.
- Inevitably, we will arrive at a point where you are satisfied that the design, material selection, scope of work and budget are in line with your vision.
- At this point, we will have a sufficiently thought out plan to move ahead with obtaining actual quotes from sub-contractors, where applicable. We will conduct site visits with sub-contractors and review their scope of work and obtain quotes for the project. Most of the work is typically performed “in house” by our very own tradesmen and this is something that we will discuss and coordinate with you. You are also free to invite your own sub-contractor should you choose to do so.
- We will source the materials and finishes for the project. Where we purchase the materials from, the price and availability will become incorporated in the scope of work.
- We will perform value engineering at this phase. That is where the plan is reviewed and scrutinized to ensure that our approach is the most cost effective method yielding the greatest result.
- We will build an actual day-to-day schedule for the flow of work for the project.
- We will obtain all necessary building permits, zoning and variance permits *if required*.
- We will inspect the site for any concealed conditions to the best of our ability.
- We will supply you with the completed NOSTCO PLAN. This will include the preliminary 3D design, building permit drawings, zoning and variance permits *if applicable*, the detailed and transparent budget, the schedule for the project, the comprehensive written scope of work, quotes from sub-contractors and any other details gathered thus far.
- We will again review all the details and ensure that you are 100% satisfied that we have covered all the bases and the NOSTCO PLAN is perfectly in line with your expectations for the project.
- At this point, we move forward with the actual contract to perform the work set out in the NOSTCO PLAN. We will sign a comprehensive contract, complete with a 2 year warranty on all labour, insurance for $5,000,000, with all contractors fully licensed and in compliance with WSIB.
- We will arrange for any special conditions (hours of work, parking, access to the house and any other special considerations).
- Your project will be assigned a site-supervisor who will become the daily on-site contact.
- We will update you weekly on the progress of work. We maintain all records of the project at our office and you are free to inspect/review these records at any time with a 24 hour notice.
- Throughout the project, trust that we will take exceptional care of your home and ensure the least disturbance to your regular routine and lifestyle.
- At any point, you are free to make as many changes as you like. All changes are handled by “Change order” requests that we process immediately.
- Your project is complete. We will obtain all building inspection certificates and close out all permits *where applicable* and provide you with all warranties on the materials used on your project.
- We will perform a final inspection of the work to ensure that you are 100% satisfied. Any deficiencies will be tended to immediately, until you are completely satisfied.
If you are looking for a Toronto renovation contractor for your home or business, please call 905.604.4511 or complete our online request form.